The LaVerne Krause Gallery is a Department of Art student art gallery located in Lawrence Hall at the University of Oregon. Established in 1991, the gallery was named in honor of UO Professor LaVerne Krause (1924-1987) who taught printmaking and painting from 1966-1986 and was an advocate for student exhibition opportunities. The gallery hosts exciting new shows by talented student artists every week during the fall, winter, and spring terms and is open weekly from 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. More information about how to apply for an exhibition and applications, whicha re accepted twice annually, can be found here.
The Wallace and Grace Hayden Gallery was established by a generous gift by Professor and Mrs. Hayden. Professor Hayden was a dedicated faculty member, artist, architect and innovator in construction design and technology who taught at the UO from 1930-1971. The gallery is dedicated to exhibiting professional design work and student work in architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture, historic preservations, and urban and regional planning. Other work may be exhibited at the discretion of the dean or his/her designee. Check out the Wallace and Grace Hayden Gallery site for information about the gallery space and an exhibition application.
The glass display cases in the main entry to Lawrence Hall are comprised of 3 large 18" x 75" x 23.5" horizontal cases at the base of the stairs. Exhibition of work from A&AA students and faculty rotate monthly in this highly visible location. Applications for exhibitions in the glass display cases can be submitted through the Glass Display Case Application form.