NOTE: These instructions are for setting up printers to use A&AA laser printers. Poster printing using A&AA Output Room's large-format printers do not require printer setup. See Submitting Jobs Print - Poster Printing.
NOTE: Apple no longer automatically installs printer drivers in Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
Download Henry Printer Driver here: Xerox Downloads Phaser 7800
Download HP Printer Drivers here: HP Printer Drivers
Special Instructions for Setting Up DCLColor: Richo Aficio SP C830DN
Once drivers have been downloaded and installed, please follow these steps:
- From the Apple menu select System Preferences. Then in the Hardware section click on "Print & Fax" icon.
- Click on the "+" icon to add a new printer to the list of printers.
- Click on the "IP" icon.
- From the Protocol pop-up menu, select "Line Printer Daemon - LPD".
- In the Address field type "aaa-output.uoregon.edu", without the quotes.
- In the Queue field type the printers name.
|PRINTER NAME||PRINTER LOCATION|
|DCL1||Lawrence 281 - Design Computing Lab|
|DCLColor||Lawrence 281 - Design Computing Lab|
|PacificPrinter||Pacific - 2nd floor studios|
|Lawrence3||Lawrence - 3rd floor studios north wing|
|Lawrence4||Lawrence - 4th floor studios north wing|
|PPPMLabPrinter||Hendricks - PPPM Lab|
|PPPMColorPrinter||Hendricks - PPPM Lab|
|NorthSitePrinter||Millrace II Lobby|
|RomaniaPrinter||Romania Building Studios|
|Henry||A&AA Output Room|
- In the Name field delete the auto entered text and again type the printers name.
- Using the table below, make the following settings:
|PRINTER NAME||PRINTER MANUFACTURER|
|DCL1||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|DCLColor||Special Instructions for Setting Up DCLColor|
|PacificPrinter||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|Lawrence3||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|Lawrence4||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|PPPMLabPrinter||PPPMLabPrinter HP LaserJet 4100 series|
|PPPMColorPrinter||HP Color LaserJet 5500|
|NorthSitePrinter||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|RomaniaPrinter||HP LaserJet 9050 Series|
|Henry||Xerox Phaser 7800GX|
- From the "Print Using" pop-up menu, choose "Select a driver to use".
- In the bottom section of the window, select the model name of the printer. You can narrow the selections by typing the model name into the search field.
- Click the "Add" button.
For installable options:
- HP LaserJet models, check the box for "Duplex Unit" (double-sided printing).
- Xerox, leave the default options.
Then click "Continue"
Repeat to add additional printers.
After you have sent your file to the printer:
- from the Dock, open the icon labeled Henry
- you will notice several line items labelled "Printer Status" along with an item with the name of the file you are printing
- delete "ALL" the line items labelled "Printer Status", being careful not to delete the item with your filename
- when your file disappears from the Henry queue, it will be available for release by the A&AA Output Room operator