How to Setup Printers - Mac OS X 10.7 & 10.8
NOTE: These instructions are for setting up printers to use A&AA laser printers. Poster printing using A&AA Output Room's large-format printers do not require printer setup. See Submitting Jobs Print - Poster Printing.
NOTE: Apple no longer automatically installs printer drivers in Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
Download Henry Printer Driver here: Xerox Downloads Phaser 7800
Download HP Printer Drivers here: HP Printer Drivers
Special Instructions for Setting Up DCLColor: Richo Aficio SP C830DN
Once drivers have been downloaded and installed, please follow these steps:
1. From the Apple menu select System Preferences. Then in the Hardware section click on "Print & Fax" icon.
2. Click on the "+" icon to add a new printer to the list of printers.
3. Click on the "IP" icon.
4. From the Protocol pop-up menu, select "Line Printer Daemon - LPD".
5. In the Address field type "aaa-output.uoregon.edu", without the quotes.
6. In the Queue field type the printers name.
PRINTER NAME PRINTER LOCATION DCL1 Lawrence 281 - Design Computing Lab DCLColor Lawrence 281 - Design Computing Lab PacificPrinter Pacific - 2nd floor studios Lawrence3 Lawrence - 3rd floor studios north wing Lawrence4 Lawrence - 4th floor studios north wing PPPMLabPrinter Hendricks - PPPM Lab PPPMColorPrinter Hendricks - PPPM Lab NorthSitePrinter Millrace II Lobby RomaniaPrinter Romania Building Studios Henry A&AA Output Room
7. In the Name field delete the auto entered text and again type the printers name.
8. Using the table below, make the following settings:
PRINTER NAME PRINTER MANUFACTURER DCL1 HP LaserJet 9050 Series DCLColor Special Instructions for Setting Up DCLColor PacificPrinter HP LaserJet 9050 Series Lawrence3 HP LaserJet 9050 Series Lawrence4 HP LaserJet 9050 Series PPPMLabPrinter PPPMLabPrinter HP LaserJet 4100 series PPPMColorPrinter HP Color LaserJet 5500 NorthSitePrinter HP LaserJet 9050 Series RomaniaPrinter HP LaserJet 9050 Series Henry Xerox Phaser 7800GX
a. From the "Print Using" pop-up menu, choose "Select a driver to use".
b. In the bottom section of the window, select the model name of the printer. You can narrow the selections by typing the model name into the search field.
c. Click the "Add" button.
9. For installable options:
- HP LaserJet models, check the box for "Duplex Unit" (double-sided printing).
- Xerox, leave the default options.
Then click "Continue"
Repeat to add additional printers.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR HENRY - To prevent printing from being delayed, please follow these steps:
From the print dialogue box:
-> go to Xerox Features
-> go to Advanced options
-> click on bi-directional communication
-> set to off
This will suppress the "Printer Status" requests that are added to the printer queue.